The Victorious Life … here and now
1. 2 TIMOTHY 4:18, And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
2. 1 CORINTHIANS 10:13, There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
3. ROMANS 6:13, Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
4. ROMANS 6:14, For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
5. ISAIAH 54:17, No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.
6. 2 CORINTHIANS 2:14, Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.
7. 2 PETER 1:10, Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall.
8. PSALM 19:14, Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
9. JOHN 10:27-29, My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.
10. ROMANS 5:20, Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.
11. 1 JOHN 4:4, Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
12. EPHESIANS 6:16, Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
13. 1 JOHN 5:4, For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
14. ISAIAH 41:10, Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
15. JAMES 1:12, Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
16. HEBREWS 9:24, For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us.
17. ROMANS 8:32, He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
18. ISAIAH 9:6, For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
19. PSALM 65:11, Thou crownest the year with thy goodness; and thy paths drop fatness.
20. MATTHEW 6:33, But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
21. 2 CORINTHIANS 9:8, And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work.
22. HEBREWS 7:25, Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
23. HEBREWS 4:15, For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
24. HEBREWS 4:16, Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
25. 2 CHRONICLES 15:7, Be ye strong therefore, and let not your hands be weak: for your work shall be rewarded.
26. 1 CORINTHIANS 6:19, What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
27. 1 CORINTHIANS 6:20, For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.
28. EPHESIANS 6:18, Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints.
29. ROMANS 5:1, Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
30. ROMANS 8:1, There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
31. ROMANS 12:1, I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
32. 1 TIMOTHY 4:12, Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
33. JOHN 14:23, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
34. JOHN 14:21, He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
35. 1 CORINTHIANS 15:57, But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
36. 1 CORINTHIANS 15:58, Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
37. HEBREWS 12:28, Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear.
38. TITUS 2:14, Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
39. ISAIAH 53:6, All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
40. 2 CORINTHIANS 5:21, For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
41. PHILIPPIANS 1:6, Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.
42. PHILIPPIANS 4:6, Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
43. PHILIPPIANS 4:7, And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
44. PHILIPPIANS 4:9, Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
45. GALATIANS 1:4, Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father.
46. 2 THESSALONIANS 2:16, Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, …
47. 2 THESSALONIANS 2:17, Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.
48. ROMANS 15:13, Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
49. 1 THESSALONIANS 2:19, For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?
50. 1 THESSALONIANS 4:16-18, For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
—Compiled by the late J. D. Mininger
Christian Light Publications, Harrisonburg, VA 22802 Phone (540) 434-0768.